A couple years ago I started randomly sampling podcasts for teachers. I think I was doing something boring in my kitchen and didn’t like the thought of wasting time so I decided to multi-task. I started with #Hacklearning, but didn’t stick with that one long because I felt like I was being asked to pay for tangental items continually and, well, I’m a teacher so I’m just not going to spend money without some unbiased recommendations from people I trust. Plus, many more became available that were math centric.
Podcasts in my rotation I have listened to while I am sweeting at the gym or am sorting papers or some other mundane tasks are listed:
- The Cult of Pedagogy
- Truth for Teachers (Angela Watson from 40 hour week fame)
- The Numberphile Podcast
- Math Ed Podcast
- the Google Teacher Tribe Podcast
- The Teacher Podcast
- Mr. Barton Maths Podcast (one of my favorites–can get deep)
- Making Math Moments the Matter (Fairly new but organic so I kind of like it–#MTBoSers Jon Orr and Kyle Pearce)
- 10 Minute Teacher Podcast
- My Bad (One of my earliest finds which I don’t listen to any more since I finely found content related Podcasts)
The list above in not sorted or rated in any way, shape or form. I welcome introductions into podcasts not listed. Share your favorite podcast!!
Math Before Breakfast – 6th grade teacher Ruth Erquiaga and 4th grade teacher Tracy Proffitt, members of #MtBos, discuss the goings-on in their math classrooms – very interesting